You have a physical body, an emotional body and a spirit body.
We spend most of our time in our physical and emotional bodies. We spend less time awakening our spirit body and even less time inhabiting it!!
The above image is one person’s imaginings of the spirit body and what it looks and feels like. It is ethereal, magnetic, energized. It is not as dense as the physical body or the emotional body.
In this image there is sacred geometry and cosmic pulsing. There are waves, spirals, zigzags and lots of light flowing and glowing all around. These are some ways to describe what it is like when you inhabit your spirit body.
Some people describe feeling spacious, light, more expanded, beyond their personal self, cosmic, alive, vital, everywhere……. There are many different ways to experience your spirit body.
Take some time now to prepare for this month’s meditation by feeling the difference between your emotional and your spiritual body.
1. My suggestion is to sit quietly in meditation and do a basic grounding exercise to relax and feel grounded and present in your body.
2. Then shift your awareness to your emotional body by simply thinking about someone you love very much. Feel your feelings and allow your entire emotional body to light up! Of course your emotional body is also aroused when you feel anger or fear, so just notice what it feels like when your emotional body is awake and online!
3. Now shift your awareness to your spirit body by feeling your crown at the very top of your head. Imagine your spirit is hovering over your crown. It is vast, huge, spacious. This is the all-knowing part of you that extends far beyond your normal perception. Now invite this vast spiritual part of you to come into your body, through the top of your head. Allow it to fill every cell of your body. Feel what it feels like to have your cosmic spirit body dwelling inside your physical body. Do you feel expanded? Just feel it…
4. When you are ready come out of the meditation by breathing and grounding fully back into your body.
This is just an exercise to feel the difference between your physical, emotional and spiritual bodies. It is important to be able to shift gears when you need to and it will prepare you for this month’s meditation.
How do you awaken your spirit body?
There are many techniques to awaken your spirit body. One of the fastest ways to get there is through the breath. If you learn to use the breath in a certain way – deep, intentional breathing for example – you can activate your spirit body quite quickly.
In Hebrew, the word for breath or spirit is “RUAH”. When the word is combined with your breath, the effect is pretty amazing. I learned this technique from my Kabbalah teacher and it is so simple and effective. The meditation will help you practice this simple mantra of “Ruah”.
Preparation for the Meditation:
1. In the meditation you will be grounding in your physical body, shifting into your emotional body and then awakening your spirit body.
2. You will also have a chance to fly into space and move towards your “Spiritual Temple”.
You may not be consciously aware of this, but every time you do your psycho-spiritual practices you are creating an inner temple that is made of your true essence. It is a vibration or a resonance of who you are at the deepest level of your being.
If you imagine building your temple over many lifetimes, think about how powerful it must be. It is time now to become more and more conscious of your inner temple because it is the “home” for your spirit body. The more you imagine your temple and picture it, the clearer your image will be.
OK – here’s the Ruah meditation to awaken your spirit body. Enjoy it and practice it as often as you can this month……..
Here are some affirmations to practice this month:
- I am building my inner spiritual Temple
- I connect with my spiritual guides
- “Ruah” awakens my spirit body
- I move with the breath of Spirit
- I am open to discover my destiny
- My soul and spirit are being nourished
- My spirit body is vast and cosmic
- I have a spiritual home inside myself