One of the most powerful ways to connect with your core self is to take total responsibility for your life.
What?! Total self-responsibility? That seems like a tall order, but it really is the quickest way to enlightenment… Let’s see how.
When you live your life from the perspective of your inner child, you may feel victimized by circumstances. It probably feels like you have very few choices.
It is only when you shift into your adult self that you can take a different perspective. This adult perspective enables you to see way beyond your feelings, victimizing circumstances and wounded inner child.
Your adult perspective can give you amazing insight as to why you were born into your family and had the experiences you did.
The adult perspective liberates you to take total responsibility for your life, your circumstances and your choices.
The wounded child does not embody the power of choice.
Your adult self does embody the power of choice.
From which place do you want to live?
It is really that simple. When you choose to take total responsibility for your life, you can ask yourself the hard questions that will liberate you from your suffering.
1) Why did I choose my particular mother, father, family, experiences?
2) Why did my soul need this for my growth and development?
3) What life lesson have I learned?
This is not about taking the blame for your traumas nor is it about justifying any horrible things that happened to you.
This is about seizing your power of choice and shifting to a higher perspective.
The following is a meditation to help you take full responsibility for your life so your soul can be…
You will be using an alchemical technique to release wounds – using your breath and your fire and your active imagination. You will first acknowledge whatever wound you sustained in the past, then imagine it as a ball of energy leaving your body.
Then you imagine the ball of energy floating over the ocean where a huge thunder and lightning storm breaks the wound apart into little bits and it falls back into the ocean. I like using natural images to help break apart this energy. Then you return to your center and breathe.
This is just one of many alchemical techniques.
You will be looking at wounds you sustained as a result of your relationship with important people in your life:
1) Your Mother
2) Your Father
3) Your family of origin
4) Current partner or significant other
5) One of your past traumas
This meditation is not designed to trigger your trauma. It is designed to give you an opportunity to release that trauma from your body, from your psyche and from your spirit.
It is so powerful to know that you can move any negative or bad vibration out of your system. It does not matter how it got there or why it got there. It is importnat for you to know you have the power of choice to NOW RELEASE IT from your system.
Sometimes it is really challenging to ask ourselves why we “chose” our mother or father or family. My experience is that when we take responsibility for these relationships, we then have the power to detach from any pain that relationship caused us.
This meditation is designed to empower you to take full charge of your life and disallow any past pain or trama from efeecting your life now.
Here are some affirmations for this month’s meditation:
- I release any Mother wounds from my entire system
- I release any Father wounds from my entire system
- I release any family or origin wounds from my entire system
- I release any wounds with my partner from my entire system
- I am willing to release any trauma from my system
- I take responsibility for all aspects of my life
- I release any blame I hold in my system so I can be free and clear
- Month 1 – Manifesting Heart’s Desire
- Month 2 – Stress Protection
- Month 3 – Open your Heart
- Month 4 – Unconditional Love
- Month 5 – Releasing Negative Emotions
- Month 6 – Receive Guidance from Spirit
- Month 7 – Dissolve your Inner Critic
- Month 8 – Awaken your Spirit
- Month 9 – Inner Temple
- Month 10 – What’s my Purpose?