July 31 – August 13, 2015
This trip is for theater buffs, families, students, anybody who loves creative, innovative, stunning entertainment! Join us for London theater, art, culture and Shakespeare and the amazing Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland. Megan and Jim lived in London for 9 years and have traveled with groups all over the world for the past 30 years.
The London Experience: Theater, Culture, Art, Royalty, Shakespeare!
Here’s what’s included:
- A rockin’ Shakespeare Performance & Tour of the Globe Theater
- A West End Musical performance (Wicked, Les Miserables, Phantom etc)
- British Museum
- British Library
- Tower of London and the incomparable Crown Jewels
- Tower Bridge Experience
- Cruise on the River Thames
- High Tea at St. Martins in the Fields (in the crypt no less)
- Shopping at Covent Garden
- Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus (more shopping)
- A royal day at Hampton Court Palace & Kensington Palace
- Camden Market (coolest, hippest street market ever!), Hampstead Heath & Village
- Westminster Abbey
- National Portrait Gallery, National Gallery (some art and culture thrown in)
- Harry Potter Backstage Studio Tour (optional and oh so fun)
- Stonehenge (optional day out)
- Medieval banquet (optional)
Edinburgh International & Fringe Festival
you won’t believe the performances!
Each August, the town of Edinburgh in Scotland transforms into the biggest theater festival in the world! Thousands of performers come to the city from all over the world and put on their BEST performances. I’ve never seen so much talent in one place. Thousands of performances to choose from – Theater, Comedy, Musicals, Operas, Dance, Physical Theater and Circus, Music, Spoken Word, Cabaret, Events.
Performers take over the city for the world’s biggest arts festival. A showcase for everyone from major showbiz names to the undiscovered stars of tomorrow, the three-week festival transforms the city center streets and occupies every conceivable performing space. Each show costs from $16 – $35 and you can go to as many shows as you can pack in a day! Be prepared for creative, quirky, stunning performances.
Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo:
We have tickets to see the opening night! Set against the dramatic backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, this 90-minute performance blends music, ceremony and spectacle. Over 1,000 military and civilian performers from around the world gather for a breathtaking display of music, history, dance and color. At the heart of every Tattoo is the stirring sight and sound of the massed pipes and drums from the Scottish regiments.
Led by: Megan Wagner and Jim Larkin – Travel Agents IATA #05765734
We lived in London for nine years and fell in love with England, Scotland and the amazing Fringe Festival. We want to take you to all our favorite places and enjoy a theater extravaganza. This trip is great for families, theater buffs and anybody who loves creative, innovative, stunning entertainment. We have traveled with groups all over the world for the past 30 years. Please join us! Our son, Jake Larkin, is active in the drama and music departments at Woodside High School.
- Friday, July 31: Arrive London, evening out on the town
- Saturday, August 1: British Museum, British Library, Covent Garden, optional West End Theater
- Sunday, August 2: Shakespeare’s Globe (performance and tour) and the Southbank, strolling along the river Thames
- Monday, August 3: The Royal day – Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, optional Medieval Banquet
- Tuesday, August 4: Camden Market, Hampstead Heath, Hampstead Village Pub evening
- Wednesday, August 5:Tower of London, Cruise on the Thames, Westminster Abbey, West End Theater
- Thursday, August 6: FREE DAY- endless possibilities: Harry Potter backstage tour, Stonehenge, Oxford
- Friday, August 7: Travel to Edinburgh, Scotland, evening Royal Tattoo performance at the Edinburgh Castle
- Saturday, August 8: Fringe Festival
- Sunday, August 9: Fringe Festival
- Monday, August 10: Fringe Festival
- Tuesday, August 11: Fringe Festival
- Wednesday, August 12: Fringe Festival
- Thursday, August 13: Return to London. Travel home, elsewhere or stay!
Includes: B&B in shared accommodation for 13 nights, all transportation within London, all entrance fees to London attractions, performance at Shakespeare’s Globe Theater and a West End Musical, round trip flights from London to Edinburgh, Royal Tattoo performance at the Edinburgh Castle
Does not include: Air to London, lunches and dinners, fringe performances.
To reserve a place, send a non-refundable deposit of $400, $1,495 is due by March 1, 2015 and the remaining $1,500 is due by May 1, 2015. (with Pay Pal there is an additional cost)