Inner Child Healing
- Create Positive Attachments & Healthy Intimacy
- 2024 date TBD
Learn to create a Healthy Attachment between your Inner Child & Good Mother, correcting any dysfunctional attachments through guided meditation / healing. A healthy attachment sets up a template of intimacy for all adult relationships, which helps you navigate masterfully in the world.
Inner Child / Good Mother Workshops Completed
- Jan 2021 – Good Mother 1.0 Snow White
- March 2021 Good Mother 1.0 Snow White
- April 2021 Good Mother 2.0 Cinderella – More healing tools to internalize a Good Mother and connect with Divine Mother energies. More exercises to dissolve and transmute the negative thoughts, feelings and actions generated by the Bad Mother energies. We’ll also dive more deeply into identifying our attachment patterning so we can create an attachment that is satisfying and healthy!
- June 2021 + Feb 2023. Inner Child Healing & Transforming Memories – Healing for each stage and age of our precious Inner Children! We will concentrate on healing ages 0-6 with an emphasis on TRANSFORMING MEMORIES, going back into past memories and changing them with our free will. This tool unhooks us from dysfunctional reactions & triggers and offers new ways of connecting to self & others.
- August 2021 – Divine Mother Healing in utero. Surround your incarnating self with Divine Mother energy, setting up a loving, flexible container for all future growth as Master in this lifetime.
- August 2021 – Healing Attachment dynamics. Visualize creating a Healthy Attachment between your Inner Child & Divine Mother, correcting any dysfunctional attachments through guided meditation / healing. A healthy internal attachment sets up a template of intimacy for all external relationships, which helps you navigate as Master in the world & creates the energetic foundation for your Mastery
- October 2021 – Eradicating Inner Violence & Replacing inner violence with loving inner parents. Change inner violence to loving thoughts, feelings, behaviors to soothe and love your inner child. Building trust so your inner child knows you are 100% on their side!
- Nov 2021 – Astrology of your Moon, which represents your Inner Child. How can you best parent your particular moon/inner child?
- Jan – Inner Child Astrology of your Moon Part 2 – What challenges does my moon / Inner Child face? What kind of defensive patterning does my Inner Child do when triggered? How can I best heal these wounds? How can I get the BEST out of my moon sign for my overall Soul’s Purpose?
Let me tell you a secret about emotional healing…
Internalizing the Good Mother
When you internalize a Good Mother for your Inner Child, the Good Mother becomes a permanent resident within your psyche. The Good Mother’s job is to nurture your Inner Child, heal old wounds and trauma and provide a template of intimacy for your relationships to thrive.
Many of us walk around with a Bad Mother inside, which can feel like a critical or dismissive voice. Living with an inner critic or judge profoundly effects our emotions and sense of well-being.
The answer is to dissolve the negative voices and replace them with a compassionate, nurturing presence I call The Good Mother.
This is an Archetypal energy available for everyone and is not connected to our personal mother. This means anyone can internalize this loving presence no matter what kind of parent you had as a child growing up.
The Good Mother within you is:
- Fully Present
The Good Mother and Healing
In my healing work with clients, we inevitably do a piece of work on internalizing a Good Mother / compassionate presence for the Inner Child. This is the key to healing trauma because the Good Mother has a powerful set of skills to attend to the needs of your Inner Child.
How do you know if your Inner Child needs healing?
If you procrastinate, get stuck in the past, self-sabotage, get triggered easily, feel trapped in addictive patterns, disconnected from feelings or your relationships aren’t working, then your Inner Child will benefit from having a Good Mother presence inside!
The Good Mother within you:
- Actively listens and responds to your needs
- Helps you feel safe and secure
- Processes your emotions
- Manages your stress
- Offers compassion, acceptance and unconditional love!
Ground, Scoop, Shift!
This is my famous mantra when internalizing the Good Mother. When you feel triggered, stressed, anxious, enraged, fearful… GROUND yourself. Then SCOOP up your Inner Child until you feel soothed and calm. Then SHIFT up to your adult self and carry on with your day.
An excerpt about the Good Mother from my book Awakening with the Tree of Life, chapter 2:
“When you have a positive relationship with the Good Mother, your emotional body is strengthened and your ego is stabilized; this builds a sturdy psychological foundation that forms the bedrock for all further development along your path. Trusting the Great Mother allows us to be in our child energy without anxiety or fear. We can rest, flop, relax, and play happily in the Mother’s lap. We can let our creative imagination explore the farthest reaches of inner space because She is providing the support.
I cannot overemphasize the importance of trusting the Great Mother in these ways, especially for those of us in Western culture. In the West, we tend to value the Father archetypal energy over the Mother by encouraging our children to grow up quickly, get an education and be independent. Dependency on the mother is often discouraged and devalued, and instead we encourage our children to leave the arms of the archetypal Mother long before they are ready. When children feel forced out of the arms of the Mother too soon, both culturally and personally in a dysfunctional family, the consequences are devastating.
Without a good mother in our lives to hold us physically, emotionally and spiritually, it is difficult to dip into our child energy to play, let go of control, explore and experiment. Without the good mother, we can feel isolated, anxious and unable to contain our feelings. We can feel abandoned with little or no extended family or community to hold us in a loving embrace where we can rest and relax. We then expect our spouse or child or therapist to be our only good mother, which puts far too much pressure on individual relationships. When a whole culture feels bereft of the good mother, there can be widespread abuse of alcohol, drugs, sex and materialism.
Five ways to build a healthy relationship with the Great Mother: internalizing qualities of the good mother, healthy emotional digestion, positive attachment, positive mirroring and healthy narcissism. In developmental psychology, these stages describe the process of healthy ego formation.”