The Sahara Desert & Marrakech Experience
For Women Only & featuring Sahara Storytelling!
As we trek out to the desert, Megan tells the story of Salima, the Manifestor Goddess who helps us manifest our heart’s desires!
Dates: October, 2024 (details TBD)
Get ready for a Moroccan adventure of a lifetime, trekking out to the Sahara desert, riding camels into the sunset, spending the night in the Sahara under the vault of stars!!! I’ve been to Marrakech 5 times and trekked out to the Sahara 2x before and it is AMAZING!
For 10 Days & Nights we bathe ourselves in the breathtaking beauty and mystery of Morocco.
- The first night we’ll chill in Marrakech…
- Then 5 days/4 nights, we’ll trek out to the Sahara Desert, through the Atlas mountains, green oasis, beautiful gorges and ride camels to spend one night in a luxury desert encampment.
- Then 5 nights in the heart of Marrakech, visiting the souk, beautiful gardens, museums, experiencing a glorious Hammam (women’s bath & spa) and gourmet cooking classes.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the rich and ancient Moroccan culture.
Marrakech is an ancient city, steeped in history, intrigue and mystery.
We’ll visit Jardin Majorelle, Yves St. Laurent’s home, spend time by the pool, get pampered in the Holy Hammam (women’s sacred spa), visit the old souk with leather and metal workshops, spice vendors, French/Moroccan apothecaries, museums, meet snake charmers in the open market of Djemaa el Fna, visit the Bahia Palace, enjoy great food, cooking classes and much more!!!
We begin our journey out to the Sahara Desert!
- Day 1: arrive and chill in Marrakech at Riad Palais Sebban
- Day 2: Sahara Journey over the Atlas Mts to Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Skoura Palm
- Day 3: Skoura Palm – Valley Of Roses – Dades Gorges – Tinghir – Todra Gorges
- Day 4: Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Erg Chebbi (Merzouga)
- Day 5: Merzouga – Rissani – Alnif – N’kob – Agdz – Ouarzazate
- Day 6: Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – High Atlas Mountains – Marrakech at Palais Sebban
- Day 7: A day wandering in the Marrakech Souk
- Day 8: Visit Jardin Majorelle, Yves Saint Laurent’s Marrakech Mansion, then afternoon pampering in 5* La Maison Arabe – Hammam, sacred women’s spa
- Day 9: Chill at the Maison Arabe’s country property for swim and Moroccan cooking class.
- Day 10: Back to the Souk for apothecaries, spice vendors, exotic rugs, metal and leather workshops and more!
- Day 11: Depart!
Riad Palais Sebban
- Situated in the medina and 5-minutes walk from Jamaâ El Fna Square and Koutoubia Mosque, this stylish Riad dates from the 19th century and combines Moroccan and Andalusian architecture. It offers a swimming pool and a rooftop terrace with panoramic city views.
- The owner and former king in Sebban gives his name to this beautiful Palace that has been care fully maintained by his family for over a century. In 2006, after 4 years of renovation and restoration, it became a Moroccan Andalusian architecture jewel. (Andalusian refers to Southern Spanish architecture with deep Arabic influences.)
Riad La Maison Arabe
- Since opening in 1946, La Maison Arabe has achieved a legendary status in Marrakech. Ideally situated in the medina, the hotel includes 26 rooms, 3 restaurants, a piano bar, a world-famous cooking school (open to guests staying at the hotel or elsewhere in town) as well as a new spa including a traditional hammam and 5 massage rooms.
- Guests at La Maison Arabe have a choice of 2 swimming pools. One can relax at either the heated pool in the hotel’s garden patio, or at the pool located at our spectacular Country Club, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle.
- Les Trois Saveurs restaurant offers French, Moroccan and Asian cuisine. Meals are served in the dining area or on the terrace overlooking swimming pool and gardens. Guests can enjoy a drink in the piano bar or the buffet breakfast by the swimming pool.
- Hammam – in the basement of La Maison Arabe we discover a beautiful Hammam, a women’s spa in the ancient style of the middle east. Pamper yourself with sauna, cold water plunge, massage and so much more.
- Cooking Lessons – Held at their Country Club, we will enjoy a 3-hour lesson in the art of Moroccan cooking and eat the results!
Cost: TBD Includes 4 nights shared accommodation and half board on the Sahara Adventure and 6 nights B&B in Marrakech at Palais Sebban & La Maison Arabe and all workshops with Megan. Does not include air to Marrakech, airport transfers and lunches and dinners in Marrakech.
We will partake of the sacred hammam, a women’s only spa at Maison Arabe
We will visit the souk, the various spice markets and leather and metal workshops and the perfumeries.
We’ll take a cooking class at Maison Arabe’s country property